It’s become very clear that Artificial Intelligence’s (AI) growth in business is being driven by Customer Experience (CX). In fact, Gartner says that CX will represent the majority of AI business value through 2020. And with AI business value estimated at $1.2 trillion in 2018, we’re talking about huge sums of money.
CX practitioners have been early adopters of AI, seeing its opportunities before many others and using the technology to better serve customers. After all, what is CX but an ongoing effort to ensure new technology is used to serve customers and improve their lives?Here are 10 ways that CX professionals are taking full advantage of AI:
1. Being there for customers – always
You couldn’t create a more CX-friendly technology than the chatbot. Imagine: being there for your customers, 24 hours a day, able to solve any problem they have, whenever they have it. And on top of that, learning from that customer interaction to resolve a bigger product issue and improve CX for future customers. Chatbots mean that call center opening times, hold music and ‘Your call is important to us’ are ancient history for customers.
2. Creating breakthrough customer experiences
When done for the right reasons and in the right way, AI is allowing organizations to create ‘wow’ moments for customers, combining ease of use with speed. Here are a few great examples:
- Whole Foods – their Facebook Messenger bot allows customers to search recipes, either by entering ingredients or by emoji
- Domino’s – you can order pizza through Domino’s Facebook Messenger bot, kicking things off by saying ‘PIZZA’ (obviously)
- eBay – like your own personal shopper, this voice-only bot helps you search the entire eBay marketplace for the best deals out there
Source: Daniel Saunders | Qualtrics