A start-up from Allen & Overy’s (A&O) Fuse innovation hub is one of the first 17 companies to join banking giant Barclays’ legal technology lab.
Deal platform Legatics, which has been in Fuse for each of A&O’s first two cohorts, has taken up residence at Barclays’ 100-person LawTech Eagle Lab in London’s Notting Hill. AI provider ayfie, contract generator Ginie AI, and document collaboration platform Annotate are the only other start-ups in the lab to have been named.
The bank’s law-tech space was first announced in April with backing from 13 law firms and several other industry players including the Law Society, PwC, start-up community Legal Geek, as well as the University of Liverpool and University College London.
About Barclays Eagle Lab Notting Hill Gate
Barclays Eagle Lab Notting Hill Gate is a dedicated centre of excellence for legal technology businesses to bridge the gap between emerging LawTech innovation and major law firms to help to transform the legal industry. They are looking for ambitious, innovative entrepreneurs looking to scale their businesses quickly and are developing viable products or solutions that will transform the legal and regulatory industries.
- A post-accelerator, flexible workplace, with private office and co-working space
- Mentoring and coaching from leading entrepreneurs, legal industry practitioners and academics
- An extensive LawTech events programme, workshops and meet-ups
- Member law firms for industry insight and an inspiring, collaborative community of Law and RegTech businesses
- Connectivity into innovation, investment and corporate networks.
Source: Eagle Labs